Monday, January 7, 2008

Court sucked....

Okay so went to court today… and it sucked.

My lawyer tried to talk to my stbx (soon to be ex) before we went in front of the judge to see if he would agree to child support so that we wouldn’t have to see the judge. Well he didn’t.

My lawyer wanted him to pay me the following
½ of our son’s daycare
½ of our son’s medical insurance
All of stbx’s medical ins since he is still on my insurance
Then 20% of what was left of his income.

Reasonable???

Judge says NO.

My stbx said that he can’t afford that. He said he just enrolled into our local community college to better himself and because of that he will be occasionally missing work and his paycheck will go down. Plus he already pays child support to one of his other ex wives and paying that to me wouldn’t leave him with any money to live on.

So the judge said that he can’t make him pay all of that when he can’t afford it. He said he will review everything and get back to us by the end of the week.

Then my *%&%*#$ stbx said that he now has a problem with our visitation. He said that since I caused his girlfriend to lose her job cause I threatened to go to the director of the daycare with my proof of the two of them being together that they have had to move in together to make ends meet. So our original agreement of him getting Carter every third day after he gets off his 24 hour shift with the stipulation of him not bringing our son around his girlfriend till they are together for at least 6 months isn’t going to work. So now we have to come up with some kind of agreement and I have to let him get our son and bring him around HER… UGH… I hate this.

I am so ready to jump off this rollercoaster. I hate it.

What do you guys think is reasonable child support and visitation?

No comments: